S&S Marketing Services Ltd t/a slidingwardrobes.co.uk(national) is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using S&S Marketing Services Ltd t/a slidingwardrobes.co.uk(national), then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
S&S Marketing Services Ltd t/a slidingwardrobes.co.uk(national) may change this policy from time to time by updating this document. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 01/02/2019.
What we collect, when and why
Under the General data Protection regulation, there are several reasons for collection and processing your data, the first one is consent (this is when you agree to receive information from sildingwardrobes.co.uk (national) limited, for ex. Clicking a box to receive emails. This will be made clear to you what your information will be used for, and how it will be stored and processed). The second reason is to fulfil a contract (when you order, we have a contractual obligation to fulfil that order and send the products out to you, so from this we would require data such as your address which we would store to pass onto couriers). For S&S Marketing Services Ltd t/a slidingwardrobes.co.uk(national) to pursue legitimate business interest we may use your data to contact you with relevant information based on past purchases and areas of interest. The last area is legal obligations, your data may need to be used in certain circumstances for example in the event of criminal activity.
We may collect the following information:
- Name, Address, demographic information such as postcode
- Contact information such as telephone numbers and email addresses
- Order history and receipts
- We may also monitor IP addresses to gauge suspicious and potentially illegal activity
When we collect your data:
- When placing orders online
- When an account is created on our website
- When engaging with us on social media for example liking our posts uploading photographs or entering competitions
- When contacting us with queries, feedback over the phone or email
- Over email or via our website
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service and for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- To fulfil your order and deliver the products to customers
- We may use your information to contact you re your order, organising delivery / pick up dates
- We may use your details to find the delivery address to send items ordered out too you.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online and in store. In certain circumstances we may need to obtain and use your information, for example in the event of fraudulent or criminal activity.
Our website is securely hosted by password protected control for all areas, this is including personal personal information and payment details.
Retention of data may vary depending on the nature and its use, also dependant on legal and business requirements. Data that is linked to sales is legally obliged to be retained for six years by S&S Marketing Services Ltd t/a slidingwardrobes.co.uk(national).
Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
S&S Marketing Services Ltd t/a slidingwardrobes.co.uk(national) uses traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about our page traffic and improve our website to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. However, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website and how they use the information. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
You should note that S&S Marketing Services Ltd t/a slidingwardrobes.co.uk(national) sometimes need to share data with third parties such as suppliers and
couriers, any third parties we supply data with are obliged to solely for the purpose it has only been supplied for and to dispose of it once it is no longer required.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website or on line it is up to you to voluntarily inform us that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes, other than that for the purposes of S&S Marketing Services Ltd t/a slidingwardrobes.co.uk(national).
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email protected].
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, [please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above email address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Disposing of data – we securely dispose of paper data by cross shredding paperwork once it is no longer required. Disposal of electronic data follows the same security process we have in place for protecting the data.
Sharing your information with others
We keep your information confidential but we may share it with the following people and organisations, in certain circumstances, for the purposes set out in this policy.
- Other companies who provide a service to you, for example if you use our products or services to take a payment
- Any company we are providing services with or whose name or logo appears on our products
- Our service providers and agents including their subcontractors
- Social-media companies so that they can display messages to you about our products and services
- Other companies whose products or services we make available to you and which you may want to take up. If we make your information available before you take up another company’s products or services (for example, to register you for new products before you take up the product and accept its terms), we will only transfer the minimum information necessary so you can take up that product or service. We will make sure the other company keeps your information confidential and only uses it for this purpose, and we will make sure that it deletes the information if you do not take up the product or service.
- Anyone we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties to.
- Fraud prevention agencies who will use it to prevent fraud and money laundering and to confirm you identity. (If fraud is detected you could be refused certain services, finance and employment.)
The people and organisations listed above will also have to keep it secure and confidential.
You have rights relating to the way that we use your information and can make certain choices. For example, you can:
- Ask for a copy of the personal information we hold about you
- Ask us to correct any incorrect personal information we hold about you
- Withdraw any permission you have previously given to allow us to use your information
- Object to any automated decision-making
- Ask us to stop or start sending you marketing messages
- Ask us to send you (or someone you nominate) a copy of the information we hold about you
- Ask us to stop using your information in some circumstances
To use any of the rights set out above, or to discuss any other issue relating to your information, please contact us using the methods set out in the ’controlling your personal information’ section.
If you are still not happy with the way we use your information, you have the right to complain to the ICO, which regulates the use of personal information in the UK.
Subject access requests
All individuals who are the subject of personal data held by Bedroom image are entitled to:
- Ask what information the company holds about them and why.
- Ask how to gain access to it.
- Be informed how to keep it up to date.
- Be informed how the company is meeting its data protection obligations.
If an individual contact the company requesting this information, this is called a subject access request.
Subject access request from individuals should be made by email, addressed to the data controller at [email protected]. The data controller can supply a standard request form, although individuals do not have to use this.
The data controller will aim to provide the relevant data within 14 days.
The data controller will always verify the identity of anyone making a subject access request before handing over any information.
Any data paper copy is locked away in our head office with restricted access to only a few key members of staff. Files are then shredded as soon as they are no longer required. Our website is securely hosted with password protection that includes personal information and payment details. Portable devices are hosted with password protection in addition to all the information installed on all computers on our premises.
CCTV images are saved by exception only and are securely stored with restricted access only.